25 March 2007

AND OFF I GO!!

I suddenly wondered if I did the right thing. The idea of long distance cycling sounded just fine. It was, however, harder than I expected to reduce everything I had collected during the years to fit into 4 pannier bags!! To be without a home, a car and a job was downright scary.

Well, here I go!!

Leaving all responsibility behind was like a huge weight off my shoulders, but I had butterflies in my stomach thinking of what I was about to embark on.

I had little to offer in the form of information, route, and destination, but I was sure the road would decide for me.

I have no sponsors, no mission, no goal or route plan, just a good old cycle down the road and I love the idea of the unknown and the uncertainty it brings.

Check out www.leananiemand.org.za to see where my travels take me, or contact me at leananiemand@iafrica.com

2 comments:

Lenora said...

Good words.

Anonymous said...

Hello dear,

I am Stefano from Italy, currently in Bengkulu (remember where it is?)

I am amazed by your bike trip and by your courage!

I also used to cycle, but just around Europe,so I am pleased to see that we have travelled the same paths at times!

if you are on facebook we can keep in touch, it would be really nice to talk more!

my email is
stefano_pesenti@yahoo.it

my full name:
STEFANO PESENTI CAMPAGNONI

By the way, your family name is Niemand, which means Nobody in German... I find it interesting...